Monday 28 February 2011

Finished and editied

So over the weekend I edited the pictures in the way I wanted experiment with and then today I put them through the lenticular procedure. One thing I decided to experiment with was enlarger of facial features. So far I’ve only really though about what it would look like to remove people facial features however I’ve never thought about enlarging and that’s what some suggested in a tutorial a couple of weeks back. I’m really not sure what to think, like it would, in a way, people who saw me creating the pictures said some positive things however I’m not bought. I think it’s too comical, I had this problem in college where I had a technique which I experimented with and all of a sudden it look more comical then anything else and I initially set of wanted to produce work that would have some sort of shock value, not make people laugh. Images 3,4 & 8 are all with the enlarged features, I do like them, and there is almost something mysterious about them, which I do like however on the opposite hand they just don’t fit my aim which is really annoying and kind of problematic with a part of my mind looked at the final outcome. Pictures 7 & 10 are what I did in my first try, face looking at 3 or 4 different locations and then overlaid, I think 7 works the best as it hasn’t been manipulated in any way and to be it just works. Picture 9 is the same image twice however in one there are no facial features, got to say it has a very ghostly look about it, however another problem I’ve encountered is that sometimes making the lenticular and not putting the plastic over it looks like it really lowers the quality which is a bit annoying. Just because I want a fresh set of eyes on this project I’m having a meeting with my first year tutor Nick Lockett to see his opinion on my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment