Monday 21 February 2011

Stefano Scheda

Straight from the get go I have to say I really like the work of Stefano Scheda, the look of his work a whole is something that I really like and think that as a group of work it works really well. I would say that he most favorite full body portrait photographer, reading into him I found great quote where he says ‘The body itself it a portrait, even when it lacks a face. It typifies the photographed individuals despite them being ‘beheaded’. It retains its own uniqueness without acquiring the same iconic value as the face, which continues to hold sway as the mark of uniqueness in the social code’. I think that this for his work it’s a great comment and I also feel that it would with a lot of photographers around. For me what works so great is the change of covering the people’s eyes and also the person being completely naked, the combination of the two works really well. Also just the overall concept of the pieces of work for me is great, combining man and women’s body into one in a pretty simple idea but has worked with great effect. In my own work I think it would be great to do some nude shoots and try an get some full body models and just do the same as what I am planning to do with the faces, I think it would give an interesting feel and would help make people get drawn into the work, all providing I can get the models to do it.


The Portrait, Photography as Stage

No comments:

Post a Comment