Sunday 20 February 2011

Julian Wolkenstien

Again whilst looking though backdated portfolios’ I came across Julian Wolkenstien who does nearly the exact same thing a John S. The use of colour completely changes the entire mood of the image. With John S’s work there is something odd about, I think its because he uses children however its bordering on comical to me. Wolkenstien’s work is much neater, shooting on the grey background and more of a medium shot for me works a bit better as he has also done half of the torso as well which is interesting. I think it would be interesting to do full body and take another step back, would have to be naked because cloths show to many shadows and different textures but if I could get the models then I differently think it would be worth the experimentation. Also you wouldn’t need to use lenticular and just have them as well, even 1:1 ratio prints.


No comments:

Post a Comment