Wednesday 23 February 2011

Sam Taylor-Wood

The work of Sam Taylor-Wood has had my interest for many a year now however with a lot of it being video or huge panoramas I’ve never been able to look at him, apart from now. I was recently flicking through his self-titled book when I came across a load of stills from his video Method in Madness (Link at bottom). In the video it shows a middle-aged man having a break down and going through many different emotions. I’ve also posted several stills from this video below. It’s a great video that, over the 10 minutes you really can stop watching and been done so well that it does provoke some emotions whilst watching it, like pity for the man but also amusement, you see this is a few other Taylor-Wood videos and he is one of my short film directors. What I found interesting when having my work in mind is that the man never actually moves from that one position and that’s heavily linking with my work whilst working with lenticular. When I come around to doing the actual shoot this kind of work is what I’m going to be looking at producing. Having the model in one position and pulling many different facial features and then in postproduction overlaying them. I’m going to have to draw up a list if possible poses that I’m going to want and looks that I will want to achieve.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_rk9ejDQY4



Sam Taylor-Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment