Tuesday 1 February 2011

Semi-fresh start

I've come to the point that I need to make some really strong plans for this project as a whole. It's not that it's currently bad just more that it's not exactly going anywhere and I need to do something that will motivate me. First of, no video, the thing that I tried wasn't bad but didn't exactly work well and I feel that it will take too long for me to make it look good and by doing so I would ignore other areas of the project. By ignoring video means that I'm only going to work by photography and following on with the ideas that I have done already this year I've come to the conclusion that the lenticular is by far my best bet. The reason being is that, to me it feels individual, throughout my research so far I've yet to come across anything that looks that much like it and I know that within my class no one is doing anything at all the same as it. The problem I now have is that I am entering a territory that I am not at all familiar with, being portrait photography. I've got a bit of experience with it and I know how to set it up however what I am not used too is having to organise people and for that reason it may take me several weeks to get going with the photographic side of the project. I'll also have to go and try and find some models which will be new to me as that is certainly something I'm new to as normally I get friends of friends to be used in shoots and for this project I think it would be good to get a larger array of people. I do truly believe that this project will go well, from just that one picture I created at the end of last term I got a very positive response from it and that was the most basic thing I've done so hopefully with a bit more experimentation I should really be able to create some exciting photography, which, hopefully will be able to follow my initial ideas of creating work that is able to both shock the viewer and provoke some kind of feeling. Whatever the outcome the one thing that will be certain is that they will HAVE to look at my work, it wont be just a portrait, or just a landscape however a piece of work that the viewer will have to spend some time looking at it to really figure out what it is which is exactly what my main aim for this project was in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment