Sunday 20 February 2011

John Strezaker

I was looking through some old Portfolio magazines a few days ago when I came across the photographer John Strezaker who I hadn’t heard of before. His work is really interesting, it’s a body of work titles ‘Fearful Symmetry’ in which he simply takes half a persons face and then mirrors to create one. As you can see from the images below they are pretty weird to look at. In the covering essay it says that he only uses children in the work and it works, it almost looks like they are sculptures not photography. Img 01 looks somewhat like a doll and Img 03 looks like some type of creature from a film, which for me really has something about it. I’ve got say that I would like to incorporate this into my own work, theres another photographer called Julian Wolkenstien who does the exact same but with adults so I would have to try and do something with it and lenticular but could work really well. I also think it be pretty hard to copy, you would have to find people with no make-up, short hair that’s neat and lots of base symmetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment