Thursday 10 February 2011

Colin Gray

Whilst looking at a couple of books in the library I came across the photographer Colin Gray who I have to say I’ve never heard of before. The series I was looking at was called ‘Parents’ in which he is taken picture of his parents in odd posses and locations. Overall it wasn’t really taken my interest until I found two pictures that I thought where pretty interesting (Img 01 and 02). The reason being is the use of props. The women looking through the glass gives a good effect and certainly feels like something that I could incorporate into my own work. So far I’ve only been thinking about doing this project mainly in post production however I feel that it could be interesting to do it whilst taken the photo. I think it shouldn’t be too hard to achieve, using a fisheye lens would work well and even a 10-20 could get some interesting effects but also getting a wine glass could work well and some other tools could be good.
Another series in the same book of his that got my attention was this one called ‘Close-ups’ and all of them being extreme close ups of skin, see Img 03. Just as an experiment what I’m contemplating just overlaying a portrait with a close up on skins whilst using lenticular has it should hopefully merge the two images into one but at the same time give a strong look which should be good for what I want to achieve.


'the parents'

No comments:

Post a Comment