Friday 18 February 2011

Robert Mapplethorpe

Whilst looking at the work of Robert Mapplethorpe is that I really think that his work wouldn’t be as interesting if it wasn’t made black and white. The individual shots for me don’t really bring anything new to the world of photography, that’s not to day they are bad however more a long the lines that been there, done that. Looking at this artist statement he says that he is mainly interested in the human form and you can see that in his work. They reason why I’ve wanted to put his work on this blog is because of his use of black and white. In studio environment and using a black background he has been able to produce some pretty interesting shots because he has been able to find some very interesting models and that I do like. Img01 I struggle to tell if that person is alive or not but there is something pretty interesting about the look of her. I don’t really know if I can take anything from this work, maybe having the person look dead and then alive could be interesting however with the lenticular effect if may not look as good as I would hope, might be work a try and will give it a go.


The Portrait, Photography as Stage

No comments:

Post a Comment