Thursday 3 February 2011

Research

Last term I was only really focusing on photographers that working heavily with photoshop and who you would almost call graphic designers. With this in mind I'm going to now look a photographers who take pictures of portraits. Hopefully I'll be able to get a good round look from the basic very straight on studio style, to shots on location and then shots that are closer to documentary then portrait as I feel that this will give me some good results. With this almost being a fresh start I'm going to need to research photographers that I will be able to adapt into my own working method and to look at people who will help me get motivation from their work. One some hitch is that I've never really looked into this field of photography so I'm going to have to have several library visits, try and look through a large amount of journals and also use the internet to complete this task.
People I know I'll want to look into are the photographers Nan Goldin, Sam Taylor-Wood and Thomas Ruff who I know all do portrait photography in some way or form and should be a good starting point.

No comments:

Post a Comment