Tuesday 1 March 2011

Rock and a hard place


Just angry at what I've let myself do in this project and I'm well and truly stuck. Today I went and spoke to Nick Lockett, a professional photographer and my first year tutor and, not on purpose, he has blown this project into a million pieces. The really annoying thing is and the reason why I am so frustrated is that it's all stuff that I should have been paying attention to and stuff that I should, as a near professional photographer, should NOT have to have been pointed out to me. What he said is that I'm only looking at technique and no subject, which is entirely true. The problem is that my main interest is what I’m doing for my Tuesday module, and after that I’m keen on several techniques I’ve been practicing over the years. This is what I should be doing in second year not fucking third year where everything matters. This is also queries what on earth I was thinking about when I was choosing my subject. I honestly struggle to work with people, in the past when I’ve had photo shoots organized people always don’t show and trying to get everything planned, for me, is a massive pain. Also, I heavily criticize people who only use other students and people their own age in their photos, and that’s all I’m doing. I know this is still really in its experimental phase however with me lacking confidence I really have no clue what I was going to do for my final bit of work. So, change, and change ASAP, this project is very close to being dead and berried and its going to take a bit of experimentation to turn it around and get it back standing. I also spoke to the head of the course, Laura, to just to get a piece of mind and help me get on track. She, unsurprisingly agreed with everything Nick told me however did give me some ideas with what I can go into which really helped. I just need to find something to look at, very quickly, some area that I’m interesting, that doesn’t evolve me having to work with people and something that I can just get on with straight of bat. I need to get my head together but will try and think of a few possibilities later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment