Tuesday 1 March 2011

"OK Time For Plan B"

After that, I have come to a couple of conclusions, firstly I’m glad, I’m glad that Nick told me this now, not wait until the end of the year for that to happen and me to be well and truly screwed, at least I have several months to get my act together and I know I can do it if I really try. Secondly I have to do something that I can do on my own accord and not have to rely on anyone at all and can be a completely individual project.

I have decided that I have two very murky paths that I can really go down from the research I’ve done and the proposal I wrote last term. The first is portrait, but have a strong, powerful subject to look at. Two things come to mind, the first is Leicester Racecourse, the problem is that I’m already looking at this location in my Tuesday Module, however I could do several things to alter it, first of look the main stand, and then travel to other courses so I’m taking a portrait of different stands from across the country. I think that’s got potential, will be expensive however I think that it would be a good thing to do, if I did it in the style of Thomas Ruff then I think it could look pretty striking. Another kind of portrait/documentary thing I could do, and something that my housemate offered was to look at launderettes. In my project last year I looked at a object that people just really don’t pay attention too, and I think that launderettes could be that subject, I know in the one I use it has a sign saying ‘ deaths on this property aren’t responsible to owner’ and I reckon other ones must be equally as random, also, they are stuck in the 80’s/ 90’s with the style and look and I think it could be interesting to look at.

The second path that I have potential of going down is technique based, and that’s lenticular. I do now know how to create them however I would have to find a very strong subject field to look at and something that wouldn’t just look tacky as hell, say a sunset would just look crap and I might as well drop out of the course now. It’s just a technique that just feels it has potential, Nick told me that he doesn’t normally like technique work however even he said it has potential, just have to really put my mind to it and try and find something that isn’t really looked at and something that would be interesting to have several frames taken of it.

Now I just need to take a step back, talk to Su and just try and get my act together on this on else I could fall into a pit.

No comments:

Post a Comment