Tuesday 2 November 2010

Project Proposal rough

Project Proposal - Manipulation


Manipulating everyday objects that one doesn’t pay much attention to and dramatically change it, for better or for worse.

For my project I am planning to create a group of pieces that will play on people’s senses, what I will set out to achieve to create work that will trick people, distort people’s senses and hopefully confuse people. To do this I will use multiple techniques, which will include sound, video, photography and possibly even holograms to complete my aim.

The time scale for this project will break down into two main areas, the first being research and experimentation and then development and production. For the first two months I will be aiming to find which of the techniques I listed above I can realistically produce whilst looking into different photographers and film makers that can influence my work and push everything forward. The second stage will be refining this work that I will start in stage one and then to start to produce the final pieces of work. I imagine that the research will also have to go all through the project however it is likely to take a bit of a back peddle when I’m going though the main part of my development.

When it comes to research and influences I will have to look at photographer, video artist, sound artist and I will also look at fine artist and I believe that looking at sculptures will be a stage of interest. This whole body of work has already been heavily influenced by the works of ‘Aziz and Cucher’ whose sculptural pieces have had my interest for a long time now and I believe and their work will help push my project to newer ground

No comments:

Post a Comment