Friday 26 November 2010

Aziz and Cucher

One of my main inspirations for this project is the work of 'Aziz and Cucher' (Anthony Aziz & Sammy Cucher). I'm not always a large fan of portrait photography but this work really is intriguing to me. It's almost kind of hard to say what it is. A&C themselves say that it's photography however the work hasn't been created in photoshop and therefor it's almost sculptural. I like it, it's odd, and it's something that I've copied in a different medium and I kind of prefer my work then theirs. Even though it looks good I prefer it look a tad more disturbing and I feel this work it more arty, that's not to say that it's bad just I would have preferred something a bit different.
Looking at this work I know that I want to create something that has a much stronger look, something that hopefully provokes a emotion or work that a viewer looks at and isn't completely sure what it is. I might have to play around with some techniques and not sure if I'll only do studio work or if I can take it into the street or even bring something else into the picture, something none human.

No comments:

Post a Comment