Friday 29 October 2010

Second tutorial

Today I had my second tutorial of the year where I had to hand in my project proposal. The main point was that I need to start thinning down the amount of ideas that I have for this project and only focus on a couple of roots instead of mass that I have. One idea that is going around is looking into perfectionism as that's something that kind of interests me as I'm a larger then average person and look at the gym as the mountain the climb where the people close to perfect hang. The only problem with perfectionism is that it could and would likely send me down a route that I'm not really that interested in. This being looking at advertisement and how that portraits what a perfect person 'should' look like. Not only that but it would also send me going at looking at other people, one idea that came out of the tutorial was going and interviewing people in the public and asking them what they would change about themselves and also what their idea of perfection would be. This idea could work, and could work well at that but I don't really see it as something that interests me that much, also its something that is always in the media and something that real have looked at probably a bit too much.

What's going to interest me more in just looking at more subtle manipulations, like just removing something that you wouldn't see straight away. This I think has much more potential and is something that I can see myself getting more interested in which I feel is the more important thing that this early stage of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment